We had a fabulous Christmas holiday and are finally getting the pictures up to show it.
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day in Cheyenne, WY at Nana T's house. Then spent 4 1/2 days in Loveland, CO at Papa Howard's house. We were thankful to have snow since Gavin had never seen it or played in it before, but we did miss out on seeing one set of Joslen's Grandparents due to road closures and bad weather. We had a nice, relaxing, snowy holiday.
Our pictures are now posted on Picasa. Click on the link to the right to view the Koester Family Photo Album.
After the snowy weather we headed to Phoenix to spend new years vacationing with Nana T to celebrate Nana T's "milestone" birthday. We don't have any pics of Phoenix because they are on Nana T's camera...but will get them from her and get those posted as well.
Gavin seemed to change so much during our vacation. A few things we noticed that he learned while we were spending all of our quality time with him......
* He started feeding us! He shared his grilled cheese sandwich with me and enjoyed feeding me. Must say he literally was shoving it in my mouth!
* We are weening him off of his pacifiers and trying to just use them in his crib, so Scott taught him how to throw the paci into the crib when he gets out. He has quite the arm and loves this new game!
* He found his "nose". We are working on mouth and ears but nose is pretty interesting.
* Nana T and Papa H both have steps at their house and Gavin did a great job of "turning around" to go down backwards. Now at home he even turns around to go down our two steps on his tummy backwards. He is very responsive to this new command.
* It is so fun to see him remember who his Grandparents are. When asked "where is Nana T" (or Papa) he points to them! He does this when asked "where is Daddy" too, but some how can't find Mommy. We are working on that one!
Anyway, it was so much fun to have 11 days together as a family and see our extended family too. We enjoyed every moment of our Christmas vacation!
Gavin must have been a good boy this year because Santa was good to him. He got a motorized, green 4-wheeler. There is a video posted on Picasa with the pictures of him discovering it on Christmas morning and learning to make it go with just the push of a button. We had fun with this toy over the holidays!